We aim to be open about the way our site works to collect user data, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. Data controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information processed on this website (technine.io) is Tech Nine Limited.
2. Your rights
It is important for you to understand and be able to exercise your ‘data rights’; in particular, your right to not to have personal data used for direct marketing purposes. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (PDPO), you have the right to access, modify, and delete your data.
3. Withdrawal of consent including marketing opt-out
You may withdraw consent for data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
You may also instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Our contact details are above should you wish to exercise these important rights.
4. Access to personal data
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, in relation to information we store on your name, email address, profile information such as company and job title, and your payment history. Following a request we require up to 30 working days to provide you with your information.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
5. Retention of your data
Information relating to your financial transactions with us will be kept for the period required by relevant tax and revenue legislation.
Your personal profile and data will be retained whilst you continue to be an active free or paid service user, and for up to 7 years following cessation of activity.
In all other cases, we will erase or anonymize your data once it is no longer necessary for the purpose we obtained it for.
6. Changing or erasing data
You may instruct us to change any inaccurate data or to erase data that is no longer required for a specified purpose.
What information do we collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our service packages – we do not store any credit card or payment method information as part of payment processing during service subscription.
- information that you provide to us for registering with us and for subscribing to our website services, email notifications, sms notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email, phone number, job role and communication preferences);
- and any other information that you choose to send to us.
7. Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- improve your browsing experience by using your data to profile you and personalize the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- share information with business partners who may contact you about topical and relevant information;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you email notifications promoting our services;
- send you sms notifications promoting our services;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email, sms, or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users;
- administer the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
technine.io transmits credit card information directly to payment gateway providers. The credit card information is not communicated to our servers. All transactions are protected with SSL encryption. technine.io does not store credit card numbers after the transmission is complete.
Based on your actions on our website e.g. form completion, we will identify trading partners with whom we may share the personal data you have provided.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
9. Cookie use
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to your web browser, which is then stored by your browser. The information is then sent back to our web server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify individual web browsers. It does not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or other personal details – but may enable us to identify and profile your activities if you are logged in to our site.
10. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
11. International data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
12. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
We will store all the information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
13. Updating information
You can update the information we hold on you when logged into the website.
14. Sale of the business
In the event that the business is sold or integrated into another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors, and to any potential purchaser’s advisors, and following completion of a sale would transfer to the new owners of the business
15. Policy amendments