Kiosk originally refers to a small sales booth that provides convenience products for passers-by. Nowadays, it has evolved into a digital one installed with large-size touchscreen that is interactive to users. Kiosk is now commonly used in the following industries:
Kiosk System Development
What is Kiosk?
- Catering: Self-ordering kiosk
- Retail: Vending machine for snacks or drinks
- Unmanned store: Self-serve laundromat, facilities e-booking counter
- Shopping malls: e-Directory guide
- Exhibition venues: Digital booth directory and map
- Properties: e-Shopping guide in hotels, service apartments or clubhouse
- Public facilities: Financial service kiosk, airport check-in e-counter
Kiosks are differently named based on their usage – they can be Smart Kiosk, e-Kiosk, Self-service Kiosk, Interactive Information Service Station, Sales Kiosk, Self-serve Ordering Machine and e-Directory etc.
How kiosks benefit your businesses
- Install any program to fit operations processes
- Screen size is flexible
- Adopt different self-designed interactive interfaces
- Installed into frames with different designs
Kiosk for boosting sales
technine Kiosk System Development Solution
- Payment system integration – Octopus, WeChat Pay, AliPay and credit card etc.
- One-stop production – software development plus Kiosk frame design
- Customization – design of Kiosk shell that best fit corporate image
- Current operating systems & desktops
- Content delivery applications
- Ticketing applications
- Ordering applications
- Payment applications
Case Study 1: Self-serve laundromat and vending machine
technine developed a Kiosk system for a 24/7 laundry chain. Users can place orders via kiosk or mobile app. Apart from using washing and drying machine, products like softener and net can be purchased. Shop managers can check sales revenue and machines’ status anytime, anywhere.
- Content Management System – import product content, instructions, multimedia ads
- Hardware integration – connect with washing and drying machine
- Touchscreen – control washing procedure, check real-time conditions
- Vending machine – provide laundry products
- e-Payment – accept Octopus, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Alipay etc.
- Discount – coupons or discounts for different time
- Mobile app – control machine operations, order placing and payment
- Real-time reports – sales revenue, inventory and machines’ status
Case Study 2: WhatsApp Sticker Photo Booth
technine developed a kiosk – “WhatsApp Sticker Photo Booth” for a marketing agency and helped attract lots of visitors in an exhibition. The agency successfully collected users basic contact details with consent onsite. Kiosk can be completely customized – from system, interface and management platform to fully meet customers’ needs.
1. Image capture: take photos for users
2. Facial recognition – identify user’s image for background removal
3. AI – remove background instantly and add decorative graphics
4. Format conversion – auto convert to WebP (WhatsApp Sticker format)
5. Social media integration – share stickers via social media/ instant messenger