Kiosk originally refers to a small sales booth that provides convenience products for passers-by. Nowadays, it has evolved into a digital one installed with large-size touchscreen that is interactive to users. Kiosk is now commonly used in the following industries:
Kiosk System Development
What is Kiosk?
- Catering: Self-ordering kiosk
- Retail: Vending machine for snacks or drinks
- Unmanned store: Self-serve laundromat, facilities e-booking counter
- Shopping malls: e-Directory guide
- Exhibition venues: Digital booth directory and map
- Properties: e-Shopping guide in hotels, service apartments or clubhouse
- Public facilities: Financial service kiosk, airport check-in e-counter
Kiosks are differently named based on their usage – they can be Smart Kiosk, e-Kiosk, Self-service Kiosk, Interactive Information Service Station, Sales Kiosk, Self-serve Ordering Machine and e-Directory etc.
How kiosks benefit your businesses
- Install any program to fit operations processes
- Screen size is flexible
- Adopt different self-designed interactive interfaces
- Installed into frames with different designs
Kiosk for boosting sales
technine Kiosk System Development Solution
- Payment system integration – Octopus, WeChat Pay, AliPay and credit card etc.
- One-stop production – software development plus Kiosk frame design
- Customization – design of Kiosk shell that best fit corporate image
- Current operating systems & desktops
- Content delivery applications
- Ticketing applications
- Ordering applications
- Payment applications
Case Study: WhatsApp Sticker Photo Booth
technine developed a kiosk – “WhatsApp Sticker Photo Booth” for a marketing agency and helped attract lots of visitors in an exhibition. The agency successfully collected users basic contact details with consent onsite. Kiosk can be completely customized – from system, interface and management platform to fully meet customers’ needs.
1. Image capture: take photos for users
2. Facial recognition – identify user’s image for background removal
3. AI – remove background instantly and add decorative graphics
4. Format conversion – auto convert to WebP (WhatsApp Sticker format)
5. Social media integration – share stickers via social media/ instant messenger